Need a roundup of the local news impacting Kensington?
Kensington Voice is publishing weekly news briefs on Mondays (except on federal holidays) to increase community information. There will be a monthly roundup in our print newspaper, too.
Here’s this week’s roundup below.
- Kensington Library is now open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. until June 10. The library hadn’t been open on Saturdays since before the pandemic.
- Harrowgate Civic Association‘s monthly meeting is this Thursday at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will take place at St. Joan of Arc at 2025 E. Atlantic St.
- Congreso’s free tax preparation service is open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3-8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Congreso’s Tax Site serves individuals with incomes less than $56,000 on a first come, first served basis. The site is open until April. For more information, contact Miriam Figueroa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Among other services, Ride Free has a free recording studio at 1952 E. Allegheny Ave (basement level). To reserve a session, click here.
- There will be a cleanup of the fields at Scanlon Rec Center and the surrounding streets on March 18 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. To register as a volunteer, fill out this form.
- RAWtools Philadelphia is hosting its next open shop on Sunday from 1-4 p.m. The shop turns guns into garden tools. The storefront is located at 3212 Kensington Ave.
- H&H Books, a bookstore at 2230 Frankford Ave., is celebrating its first anniversary this weekend with a poetry reading on Friday and an all-day celebration on Saturday. For more information, click here.
Please send any news or press releases to email@example.com.
Editors: Zari Tarazona Designer: Zari Tarazona