At a press conference on Tuesday morning, Mayor-elect Cherelle Parker named Philly Fire Commissioner Adam Thiel as the city's next managing director.
The managing director, a position currently held by Tumar Alexander, oversees various city departments and programs responsible for addressing quality-of-life concerns in Kensington.
Here are the various departments, offices, and programs the Managing Director's Office currently oversees:
- Community Services
- General Services, Arts, and Events
- Department of Licenses and Inspections
- Office of Health & Human Services
- Office of Emergency Management
- Office of Integrated Data for Evidence and Action
- Office of Policy and Strategic Initiatives for Criminal Justice and Public Safety
- Office of Transportation, Infrastructure, and Sustainability
- Opioid Response Unit
- Philadelphia Department of Prisons
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- Philadelphia Police Department
Thiel will begin next week.
This content is a part of Every Voice, Every Vote, a collaborative project managed by The Lenfest Institute for Journalism. Lead support is provided by the William Penn Foundation with additional funding from The Lenfest Institute, Peter and Judy Leone, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Harriet and Larry Weiss, and the Wyncote Foundation, among others. To learn more about the project and view a full list of supporters, visit www.everyvoice-everyvote.org. Editorial content is created independently of the project’s donors.