Need a roundup of the local news impacting Kensington?
To increase community information, Kensington Voice will start publishing weekly news briefs on Mondays. There will be a monthly roundup in our print newspaper, too.
Here’s our first roundup below.
- Rebuild is the citywide program to improve community spaces. The McVeigh Recreation Center project is in the design and community engagement phase. You can take the design survey here.
- Free legal representation is now available for low-income renters facing eviction in the 19134 ZIP code. To access Right to Counsel, tenants can call the Philly Tenant Hotline at 267-443-2500.
- Fab Youth Philly will pay youth ages 15-19* $12/hour to participate in lifeguard certification classes and apply for a lifeguard job ($16/hr) with Philadelphia Parks & Recreation this summer. The classes are on Saturdays, 4-6 p.m. from March 4 to June 3 at Drexel University. Applications are due on Feb. 20. To apply, go to https://lnkd.in/gHyvfGyE. (*Must be 16 years old by June 1, 2023.)
- Philadelphia Parks & Recreation is offering a $1,000 end-of-season bonus to lifeguards who submit their applications by April 15. Lifeguards who submit an application by May 15 will be eligible for a $500 end-of-summer bonus. For more information about 2023 lifeguard recruitment, click here.
- Everence, a credit union branch in Kensington, is accepting applications for college scholarships with awards of $1,000, $2,000, and $3,000. Complete and return your application by Feb. 28. Learn more at everence.com/scholarships.
Please send any news or press releases to email@example.com.
Editor: Zari Tarazona Designer: Zari Tarazona